Today I want to share with you the health benefits of peanut butter. I absolutely love peanut butter. There is always peanut butter in my cupboard and I eat it almost everyday. There is a whipped kind of peanut butter that I have been buying the past few months. It’s made by Jif and it is delicious. Find it here.
Peanut butter on a blueberry bagel is really good and a great option for breakfast, with a glass of almond milk. Yum!
Peanut butter has great health benefits and I want to share them with you today. Thanks to the website Health Diaries for the information below. I have learned so much from this website and I appreciate them so much. Kudos to them.
Here are the health benefits of peanut butter:
1. Peanut butter packs a bunch of nutrition into each bite. Peanut butter contains both protein and healthy monosaturated fats, which will give you the energy pick-me-up that you are looking for. Additionally, peanut butter has other nutrients including vitamin B3, tryptophan, which is an essential part of a persons diet and manganese.
2. The monounsaturated fat in peanut butter has been linked with a decrease in the risk of heart disease. Also, peanuts contain fiber, and a diet high in fiber will reduce bad cholesterol levels, known as LDL cholesterol. Peanut butter also contains vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that has been associated with lower levels of heart disease.
3. Peanut butter is a great source of iron, which helps to maintain good circulation. Other minerals in peanut butter include calcium, which is good for bones, copper, which can help with arthritis, boosts energy levels and helps with brain function.
4. Peanut butter also contains potassium and magnesium. Potassium helps to maintain healthy blood pressure. Magnesium helps with bone health and has been shown to help with insomnia, migraines and depression.
5. The protein and fiber in peanut butter are both beneficial for blood sugar control. If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, or you are at risk of diabetes, including peanut butter in your diet may be beneficial because it will stabilize your blood sugar levels.
6. Peanut butter contains resveratrol , an antioxidant that has been linked with lower levels of heart disease and cancer. Some studies suggest that resveratrol may reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
7. The antioxidants and fiber in peanut butter help to reduce the risk of cancer. Antioxidants are effective because they clean up free radical activity within the body and fiber will reduce the risk of colon cancer because it keeps waste moving efficiently through the intestines.
That’s a lot of benefits. So not only is peanut butter really good it’s also really good for you. Be careful when choosing a peanut butter though, look for a natural peanut butter over varieties that use artificial flavors and/or additives.
Make peanut butter a part of your life and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.