Cilantro is an herb that has many health benefits. Thanks to the website Raw Living Foods for the information provided below. As always it is much appreciated.
Now lets get to the health benefits of cilantro:
1. Cilantro is a natural cleansing agent. Cilantro has been used effectively to remove heavy metals and other toxic agents from the body. The chemical compounds in cilantro actually bind to the heavy metals, loosening them from the tissues, blood and organs. Cilantro’s chemical compounds then aid to transport these harmful substances out of the body through bowel movements.
2. Cilantro can help with mercury poisoning. Many people suffering from excess mercury report that the feeling of disorientation resulting from the poisoning can be greatly reduced through consuming large and regular amounts of cilantro over an extended period.
3. The rich qualities of cilantro oil have a powerfully positive effect on our inner digestive tract. The oils aid our digestive system in its production of digestive enzymes, acids and juices.
4. Cilantro has powerful anti-inflammatory capacities that may help symptoms of arthritis.
5. Cilantro acts to increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind), and reduces LDL cholesterol (the bad kind).
6. Cilantro helps to relieve stomach gas and helps prevent flatulence.
7.Cilantro helps ward off urinary tract infections.
8. Cilantro helps relieve feeling of nausea.
9. Cilantro has been shown to reduce menstrual cramping in women.
10. Cilantro helps promote healthy liver functions.
11. Cilantro if applied topically helps to reduce swelling.
12. Cilantro if applied topically also acts a natural anti-septic and anti-fungal agent for skin disorders like fungal infections and eczema.
As you can see cilantro not only has internal benefits, but external benefits as well. I would encourage you to pick some up the next time you’re at the grocery store.
Below are some recipes where cilantro is used. The first one I am going to try very soon. It looks so good. I may substitute ground turkey for the ground chicken. Cilantro and avocado on a burger. I say yum!