Today I wanted to share with you the health benefits of pineapples. When researching the health benefits I didn’t realize there were so many. Some of them may even surprise you, like they did me.
I absolutely love pineapples and pineapple juice. I ran out of bananas a couple days ago, much to my dismay, and I haven’t had time to go to the grocery store and pick more up, so for breakfast I’ve been eating a serving of pineapples with my bagel or serving of cereal. Pineapples, to me, are just the right amount of sweet and make a perfect dessert, if I decide I want something sweet after dinner. This is rare, but does happen from time to time.
I do have to say that since I’ve started exercising and eating healthy I haven’t fallen off the wagon once. I call it willpower and the desire to succeed. Everyone has it, even you. Why not take advantage of it?
Now lets get to the health benefits of pineapples. I found a lot of benefits and want to share the one’s I found most interesting. If you’d like you can do some research of your own to find out more about the one’s I don’t cover. Thanks to stylecraze.com for the information provided below.
1. Pineapples are full of vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, potassium, phosphorous and calcium.
2. Pineapples are rich in vitamin C and bromelain which fight against viruses and infections. So take pineapples with medicines when you are have a cold or cough attack and it will help you recover quickly.
3. The mineral, manganese helps in strengthening bones and connective tissues which is present in high quantity in pineapples. A cup of pineapple juice can give you 73% of the required manganese for a day.
4. Pineapples prevent sinusitis with the help of bromelain. Sore throat, gout and swellings can also be prevented with pineapples.
5. Pineapple is known for its anti-inflammation properties. It helps in reducing inflammation in bronchial tubes which generally arises due to bronchitis.
6. Pineapples provide relief from nausea and morning sickness.
So there you have it, some of the highlights of the health benefits of pineapples and pineapple juice. I encourage you to pick some up the next time you’re at the grocery store. Be sure, if you buy them canned, that they are packed in their natural juices. No need for any extra sugar. Happy healthy eating! 🙂
Check out these recipes that include pineapple.